Here at Mountain Lakes we love the sound of children's giggles, creative costumes and over-the-top decorations. We also want to make sure our trick or treaters remain safe at all times. Check out these tips to keep you having an exciting treat fest!
1. Know your route. Seeing as we have 500+ sites, it can be easy to get a little lost. When you arrive, stop by the registration office and pick up a map of the resort. This will help you know the direction you want to go throughout the night. Planning ahead keeps the candy coming!
2. Wear comfy shoes! Plan on walking...ALOT. To make your steps much easier, wear the most comfortable shoes you can get your hands on. Think about it, who's going to notice your wacky (yet comfy) shoes on Halloween?!
3. Short isn't always a bad thing. When picking out your costume, make sure the length isn't excessive. You definitely don't want to trip over your own two feet when walking.
4. Peekaboo, I see you...Fear not, we are definitely full of lights at Mountain Lakes, however some parents might get weary. Make sure your child can see and be seen at all times. Glow sticks are a perfect tool to keep handy for a little extra light.
5. Before you eat, check your treats! I know our little ones get anxious and want to taste all of their treats, but be sure to check each child's candy before they dive in.
6. Watch. Although we stop traffic completely at 5:00 p.m, there may still be a few stragglers on the road. Make sure to keep an eye out for cars on the move.
Now that you have all the tips you need, get on out and trick or treat!